Keeping An Eye Out
Like most other police agencies in other communities, the Vernon Hills Police Department will check your home periodically while you are away. This is a free service for the residents of Vernon Hills. There are just a few rules:
- The request for a house watch can only come from the homeowner.
- House watch requests in excess of 14 days will be conducted on a weekly basis instead of a daily basis.
- We cannot conduct house watches for apartments or units that share a common door entryway to multiple units.
- We will not conduct house watches if the home owner has someone staying in the house.
How to Request a Watch
To request a house watch, all you need to do is contact the police department before you leave. You can do this in a few ways:
1. Click here to do it on-line. (The link can also be found in the How Do I section above.)
2. Call the police department at 847-362-4449 (press 1, then 6)
3. Print out a Vacation House Watch Request Form (below) and fax it to the Department at 847-549-8028.
NOTE: House watch requests that are phoned in or faxed are handled Monday thru Friday from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. Requests received after 3 p.m. will be processed the next business day. Thus, if at all possible, please allow sufficient time for your request.
The request form is available for download in two formats:
- Microsoft Word - Just type in your info, print it out and fax it in or drop it off.
- PDF File - Print out the form, fill it in, fax in/drop it off.
When planning your vacation, don't forget to visit our Vacation Security page to learn how you can protect your home while you are gone.