May 29 Ceremonies
American Legion Post 1247 will again mark Memorial Day with short, solemn ceremonies on Monday, May 29.
- 9 a.m. – Vernon Township Cemetery, Cemetery Road, Lincolnshire
- 10 a.m. – Willow Lawn Cemetery, Rt 45, Vernon Hills
- 11 a.m. – Vernon Hills Memorial Arbortheater*
*Following the 11 a.m. ceremony at the Arbortheater, members of the Post will dedicate a new plaque marking the dedication of the memorial, which took place on May 26, 1996. A photo of that plaque appears below.
The Legion also welcomes volunteers to help place flags at the grave sites of service men and women who gave their lives for our nation:
- Friday, May 26 at 10 a.m. at Vernon Township Cemetery
- Saturday, May 27 at 9 a.m. at Willow Lawn Cemetery
Learn more about the history and meaning behind Memorial Day. Here are a few resources to consider: